Monday, June 23, 2008

Order in the court...Jury Duty

You may have heard me mention that I was selected for Federal jury duty! I originally received the summons about 4 weeks ago and asked for a delay due to work reasons.(they agreed with no issues...I think her name is Audrey..very cool lady) I received the new summons and I was very excited to serve on my scheduled day of Tuesday June 24th. I followed the instructions and called the night before to learn that my Law and Order day with the Feds had been moved till Monday. Talk about a bummer I was all pumped up and ready to roll...I was even going to wear a tie! When I was telling people about the date being moved they questioned me on how I could be so happy and excited about sitting on a jury? My answer is simple...it's a right and privilege to be a part of the court system. It is also me responsibility to know how it works and to do my part. I think I would be a good juror for a good percentage of cases...let you know what happens Monday.


No comments: