Wednesday, June 6, 2007

New to this kind of thing!

It scares me to think in a few months I'm going to be 36...yikes! I'm starting to feel like I'm getting old...body aches, go to bed early, look to save money, and start talking like my Father(looking like him too..a little less hair every year).

Is it me...or are teenagers different these days? When I was a teen in the 80's we had fun and got into a fair amount of trouble when our parents were not around. You may have heard the show earlier this week when we were talking about the "straight edge kids". These are the ones that are against drugs, drinking, and pre-marital sex. It all sounds good...but SOME/not all of these kids make up for the bad with cussing and fighting with those that don't believe in their cause. Just because you "say no"...you shouldn't be able to tell your elders to go f^$# themselves...and that happened at the Relay For Life this last weekend. When these "straight edge kids" were acting up...they were asked to tone it down at 3a with the cussing and picking fights with others. Their reply was a bunch of 4-letter words. Yes, I was no Angel growing up...but I always showed respect(I never grew to like the taste of Zest). Talk to you in the morning!

No comments: